Tuesday, January 05, 2016

THINGS TO SEE AND DO ON TAHITI

LE MUSEE DE LA PERLE
King of the black pearl, Robert Wan's fascinating museum- the only museum of the world dedicated solely to pearls.
LE MARCHE
This marketplace has become a tourist and traveler's sightseeing favorite due to its brightly colored vendors and attractive Tahitian products. Wander among the many stands and displays to find ripe fruits and vegetables, monoi oils and scented soaps, vanilla beans, cakes and pies, fruit preserves, dancing costumes and clothing, woven hats and bags and shell necklaces.
THE WATERFRONT
A popular spot for travelers who wish to sample some of the local fare from the Roulettes (catering trucks) and experience the local family nights at the harbor.

JAMES NORMAN HALL HOME
Famous for co-authoring Mutiny On The Bounty, James Norman Hall's Home on Tahiti is now a historical site and open to the public for tours.
CIRCLE ISLAND TOUR
Among the most common general sightseeing spots on Tahiti are the sights along the road which circles the island and goes onto the Tahiti-Nui Peninsula.
Things to see along the way are Faarumai Waterfalls, The Blowhole, Fern Grottos, Lookout Point, Point Venus and the Lighthouse, Kings Tomb. One can do the trip in a rental car or let the guide do the driving with one of the many local tour operators on Tahiti.

 

2 comments:

Marko 'X Ray Cat' said...

Hi,

Marko 'X Ray Cat' here.


I came across your blog the other day and as I was going through your posts I saw that your passion
harmonizes with my own vision perfectly :)


Since Tahiti is on the very top of my travel list, I absolutely loved this post
and even so much that I did a post of my own,
about you, your amazing blog and of course Tahiti.

I started my passion blog little while ago and getting amazing feedback already.

I believe you wanna check out my post about you here:


http://www.xraycattravels.com/isle-of-love-and-all-her-islands/


I wish you the most adventurous travels :)


Love and light,
Marko

Angeliica said...

Thanks a lot for letting us know about these beautiful places. I had been to Tahiti through Tahiti Surf Beach Paradise last month with my family. Out of them, I have visited Tahiti-Nui Peninsula and some other beautiful places like Faarumai Waterfalls, Huahine Natural Aquarium, Museum in the Polynesian heritage. Tahiti is really a very beautiful place to visit.